11 tips and ideas for remodeling a small kitchen
Since we know how important space is and how difficult it is to use it wisely, especially in the kitchen, with so many furniture and utilities to accommodate, we have put together the 11 most successful tips and ideas for remodeling a small kitchen.
1. Plan ahead! Especially when space is limited, there are so many things to keep in mind that it is very important to have a complete plan as well as accurate measurements. This way you make sure nothing is missed and you can keep track of your budget.
2. Try to do most of the work yourself. No one knows what you need better than you, and no one will try as hard as you do to make sure everything is perfect in the smallest details. Plus, you save money this way, and the more you get involved in the project, the more satisfaction you get when the work is done.
3. Make custom cabinets and cabinets. It may be a bit more expensive, but the quality should be better too, and you can have everything in the dimensions and colors you prefer.
4. Choose materials resistant to steam and high temperatures, so that your kitchen ideas do not affect their condition. Especially when it comes to the kitchen counter and table top, heat and water resistance should be the key features to look for. This way, you won’t have to worry about a glass of water spilling or the hot pan leaving marks. In addition, these materials are also usually easier to clean and maintain.
5. Keep the table, the sink and the cooking machine as close together as possible. Cooking will be less complicated and you will have everything at your fingertips.
6. Try to ensure a high level of comfort, so that your loved ones can keep you company while you cook.
7. Choose colors that are easy to match. You can repaint the walls from time to time, so make sure the furniture gives you the freedom to choose different colors for the wall paint.
8. One of the best ideas for remodeling a small kitchen is to buy a folding table and chairs or make them custom. Small shouldn’t mean awkward. With the table and chairs folded, you can move freely around the kitchen and, when you’ve finished cooking, setting the table will be a matter of seconds.
9. Choose sliding doors. No matter how small or beautifully decorated, regular closet and cabinet doors require space. More than that, you can accidentally leave them open and hit your head, leg, or hands when you turn around.
10. Use colors of medium brightness: dark tones favor dust, while colors that are too bright emphasize dirt.
11. Make sure to leave room to open the window as wide as possible. You need to clear the window area to improve air flow and let out odor, steam, and smoke. Air filters and exhaust hoods are helpful, but it doesn’t hurt to give them a hand.
Aside from the tips and ideas above for remodeling a small kitchen, we have one that is unofficial, but probably more important than all the others: follow your heart and do your best to create an inspiring and welcoming atmosphere; If you like your kitchen and feel comfortable in it, the food will taste better, cooking will be less tiring and your family and guests will be happier.